Friday 11 March 2016

Tunes !

No - I dont have a cold : )

A week after I  changed my practice regime and I can play real tunes.

Granted I still have tempo issues I'm only playing at about 90% but still I can play Deep Purples Black Knight and also the Pirates of the Caribbean theme "He's a Pirate" recognisably.

I'm practicing in 30 minute blocks to keep things fresh and stress free and mixing in the Scale positions too.

Currently the segments are :

Black Knight / He's a Pirate   :  30 - 40 Minutes

Scale shapes / Meandering from Steve Stines   Fretboard Course  : 30 Minutes

Crazy Train (Finger Stretch!! ) : 20 Minutes

Yousician :   Treat Time !!

This gives me a good hour and a half of meaningful things to work on.

I still rush a little - I'm working on getting used to a metronome Easy with a tune you know not so easy when you are concentrating on reading notes from tabs !!

Finally in addition to keeping my practice diary I am now recording myself on a full lay through every couple of days. There are mistakes and faulters but you can actually hear progress which I have found useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment