Tuesday 22 December 2020

Double whammy !

I am really enjoying playing at the minute.

Something seems to click every time I pick up my guitar.  Granted they are only small things but sooo satisfying.

Last week Yousician threw me a curve ball - Fingerpicking.  Ah I want to play metal I dont want to mess with that rubbish..... Then I thought then I went back and tried.

It takes a little time but once you get the "dance" steps in your fingers it is really quite fun and sounds awesome.  I will be doing more of this.

I'm also working on Steve Steins Fretboard Mastery stage 1 and its going well.  I wasnt really happy with the meandering - I use Hydrogen for an interesting drum beat over a click metronome but YAWN!

Then I discovered a couple of backing tracks in the right key and tempo - Instant music - really happy and really tempts you to do more than just wander up and down scales.


Soo then I get to thinking and researching and today my pedalboard got another upgrade.  Now it will loop too.  I can lay down layers to noodle and play with.  Its going to take a little learning to really get used to the software but another fun musical event.

I'm using Mobius from CircleLabs as the brain of my Looper.  This little app runs on my laptop for now with all the control mapped to my pedalboard.   Happy Christmas to me !!


No comments:

Post a Comment