Wednesday 6 January 2016

A Song !!

Well everyone should have a goal!


Of course all the online materials lead you into basic beginner songs but motivationally I think its good to set a personal goal , an achievable reason to play daily.

And thats one of the first hurdles - There is so much good music out there and so many "How To " videos that you can almost have too much choice. Narrowing down the list to one or two challenge pieces takes discipline.

I have found to my cost that skipping from one shiny  riff to the next is counter productive - I can play many intro's and riffs but no complete songs...


I love 80's rock music and back in that era Iron Maiden were my inspiration.

I was (and still am) mad on all things aviation. For ten years I even had my own light aircraft.

There was only really one choice for me

"The Flight of Icarus"

There are more iconic Maiden tracks but this is a relatively simple one and one personal to me.

Good practice for Power Chords and  the classic Maiden Gallop.

An hour of practice and I can make most of the right noises now all I need to do is stitch it all together and build up the tempo.

No comments:

Post a Comment