Thursday 21 January 2016

Progress and Glass Ceilings

I'm feeling quite proud of myself this week.

Blue Monday is apparently the time when most peoples new years resolutions bite the dust.

Not here - I'm still practicing most days and today I feel like I've had a breakthrough.

Learning guitar isn't a linear thing. You can spent quite some time practicing the same pieces before you develop the muscle memory needed to take the next step.  This can be a source of frustration and be very demotivating.

The answer ?  For me this is where Yousician comes in to its own. It throws up little step challenges that keeps you interested and playing. Alongside JustinGuitars' beginners course and a couple of simple tunes to learn I have been able to vary my daily practicing fresh.

Today  two of the practice tunes I have been working on came together - I can play them all through at full tempo.

Now for the next challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment