Sunday 24 January 2016

Into the Danger Zone

Well after my little "level up" last week things seem to have really clicked.

I can pick up some of my old tab sheets and strum them through and they actually sound like they should! (Well mostly).

Cool so wheres the danger ?

I got to this stage  last year and that's where things started to unravel.  I thought I had it cracked, downloaded lots of interesting music and failed to master any of it.  I got frustrated, then demotivated and lost.

Clearly I didn't give up and I'm back now where I was six months ago , a little older, a little wiser and alot more determined.  If anything the fact that I have  rediscovered the skills I 'lost' in just three weeks proves I learned something.

Going forwards I plan to stick with the course.

Simple practice regimes and  only a few  simple songs.

My basic repertoire is -

Strumming
- Knockin On Heavens Door
- Whiskey in the Jar

Picking
- Starwars Theme
- Hes a Pirate (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Learning Challenges
- Black Knight
- Run to the Hills
- Flight of Icarus
- Worlds Falling Down - Ozzy

No comments:

Post a Comment