Wednesday 18 December 2019

Finish what you started!

So  its been a harder week this week.  Family got in the way of daily practice, though after 24 hours I really wanted to pick up my guitar and just strum!


Still working on  my 12 riffs challenge and so far I have -

The Trooper (Intro)
Crazy Train (Intro)

He's a Pirate
Star Wars (Main Theme)
You Give Love a Bad Name
I Walk the Line
Common People
Bad Moon Rising
Seven Nation Army
Three Little Birds

I'm working on these and most sound familiar now which is pleasing.

In doing this challenge I'm very aware that I am only playing fragments, which for a beginner I'm told is normal and good.  I really want to start building my repertoire with some complete pieces so I've been really concentrating on three songs -

Common People and I Walk the line which I'm playing along to the originals at about 80% speed which is fun. 

He's a Pirate this is going to be my first real peice and so far I have about 60% of the tune under my fingers and at a decent speed.

Fun times !!

No comments:

Post a Comment