Sunday 1 December 2019

Still strumming

Three weeks in - I cant feel my fingertips - must be doing something right ?!

Andy guitars 10 day bootcamp was great and gave me lots of hope I could get back into this.

So far I have managed at least an hour every single day and I can feel my hands progressing. Muscle memory is a strange thing - relax and trust your fingers they know what they are doing - try and force them and they rebel horribly !!

I hit the old problem that Yousician teaches accuracy over musicality so I have been working to improve my touch and feel as I work through the exercises.

I'm have stopped using the headphones and set up some old  PC speakers. The sound isn't so good but the playing experience is much better.

I did consider swapping the GT-001 for one of the Katana amps everyone is raving about. In the end for now I'm sticking with the GT-001 but have just acquired some studio monitor speakers, hopefully that will resolve the sound issues.

I've decided to challenge myself as its Christmas. I'm going to try and learn 12 recognisable riffs or pieces for Christmas. The aim is not to get them record perfect but to get them accurate and recognisable. Lets see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment